It can be downloaded freely at the official VPVP website.
- Originally, this tool was used for 3D choreography of Vocaloid characters and promotional videos. It started out as a single-model program with the default Miku model. There was also "RinRinDance" and "LenLenDance".
- The most notable changes is version 4 when the English interface is released and version 5 when Bullet Time Physics is implemented.
See: System Requirements
MikuMikuDance's features are listed below:
- NVIDIA 3D Vision
- Multiple models
- Lip-sync with Vocaloid VSQ file
- Read from Kinect sensor
- Custom accessories
- Export as .avi
- Export picture file
- The only addon known to the community is MikuMikuEffect. MikuMikuEffect (MME) is a plugin for MikuMiku Dance that allows the use of all kinds of special effects ranging from fog, to fire, to snow, to glowing particles.
- A recent download can be found here.
- System Requirements for MME can be also found here .
Using the MMD by Kinect for Windows
In 2012, a successor to MikuMikuDance was released under MoggProject. MikuMikuMoving (abbreviated MMM) has an organized interface and can import MP3 files in comparision to the standard .wav files.
ダウンロードサイト / Download Site
- 日本語版 / Japanese : http://sites.google.com/site/mikumikucapture/
- 英語版 / English : http://sites.google.com/site/mikumikucapturee/